It happens to the best of us. You're juggling a dozen projects at once and deadlines are falling left and right like hand grenades. You can't run. You've just got to suck it up and deliver something. Kind of like this blog post I'm supposed to somehow write in the midst of an insane week. Well, here are a few guidelines on What to do When You Got Nothin'
- Just start typing or writing stuff down. Anything. The longer the page stays white, the longer you'll be stuck with nothin'
- **** Start with the stupidest idea you can think of, and then just add a little creative twist to it.
- Put extra spaces between your ideas or copy so it feels like more work than it really was.
- Add "and then something really funny happens" to the end of all your ideas or scripts.
- **** Use "Jazz hands" when presenting your ideas. It may just work.
- **** Throw some wacky ideas in the mix that you know will never sell but might make who ever is reading your work smile.
- Stay positive. After every idea you write down say, "That's One Show Gold baby," out loud to yourself.
- **** Put stars beside a lot of your ideas, so people know that those are the really good ones.
- And, last but not least, be sure at the end of your list of ideas you write "More to come."